1. Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers
Auromira Exports policy is to employ a majority of women who come from the neighboring villages. The location of our organization offers convenient opportunities to these women in an area where there are limited avenues, to make them economically independent.
2. Transparency and Accountability
We are an organization which is completely dedicated to follow the Fair trade. This background makes Auromira Exports a transparent and accountable organization at each level :
- Audited Statement of Accounts,
- Salary slips with break ups for Employees,
- Invoice from Suppliers,
- Billing to buyers.
3. Fair Trading Practices
Auromira Exports maintains long term relationships with all its partners (employees, Customers, suppliers…) based on solidarity, trust and mutual respect that contribute to the promotion and growth of Fair Trade.
As part of this, we are regularly creating Fair Trade Awareness amongst our suppliers and employees. We also have committees to address various issues of Fair trade, like Sexual Harassment Prevention and Employees Welfare.
4. Payment of a Fair Price
We give our suppliers a price which is above the local rate, along with a proper costing sheet.
As our production is completely dependent on employees and not producers, we practice at least the minimum wages in accordance to the Puducherry minimum wages along with all the statutory benefits :
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC),
- Leave with wages,
- National and festival holidays,
- Special loans (based on the necessity)
- Annual increments Gratuity
5. Ensuring no Child Labour and Forced Labour
In Auromira Exports , we check Date of Birth Certificates or Educational Certificate or Aadhar Card to ensure the age of new employees is 18 years or older.
6. Commitment to Non Discrimination, Gender Equity and Women’s Economic Empowerment, and Freedom of Association
In Auromira Exports , the majority of employees are women, and they are paid according to their skill irrespective of their gender. We only value work and ethics and have no discrimination by gender for any kind of facilities or rights.
The organization recognizes all people irrespective of their religion, nationality or political affiliation. We nurture each persons’ talent and contribution to the whole team.
We believe that mutual respect is of the utmost importance.
7. Ensuring Good Working Conditions
Auromira Exports - is committed to good working conditions and employee welfare. As part of this:
- Fire fighting training is conducted regularly in the premises,
- Fire warning systems are installed with proper emergency exits and lights as well as fire fighting equipments in the use of which selected employees are trained,
- A group of employees are trained for First Aid support,
- We provide state of the art sanitation facilities and dining hall,
- Tea breaks are provided 2 times a day, as well as filtered potable water and a proper lunch break.
In case of any serious health emergency, the employee is taken to the ESI Hospital and Government Hospital which is 500-1000 meters from our unit.
8. Providing Capacity Building
Auromira Exports - cares about improving employees skills and capabilities :
- Workers are trained to take up any work in the factory. We encourage our employees to have an diverse set of skills and to progress upwards from their designated positions. We have instances of boy who came as office boy becoming supervisor or lady who is uneducated becoming quality checker and taking various sections of Administration in charge, such as export documentation and product sourcing etc…
- We implement new strategies and update our production team frequently to meet the expectations of the clients and changing market condition.
- We try to source products from local materials as far as possible to support our local suppliers.
9. Promoting Fair Trade
Employees & local suppliers are given trainings on fair trade awareness once in a year.
We create fair trade awareness through our website, social media, shops and product catalogues.
10. Respect for the Environment
Auromira Exports - has a particular sensitivity to environmental issues and a dedication to help preserve the planet’s natural resources.
- Waste is greatly minimized : our used carton boxes, fabrics scraps are separated and given for recycling to a company that comes and collects them on a monthly basis.
- We use only AZO-FREE dyeing in all our fabrics and we buy only the OKEO tested fabrics, and we use maximum of Organic Cotton fabrics for our garments.